24 Oct Air Conditioner Soundproofing
Is your AC too noisy… Does it meet the legal limits?
Non-obtrusive noise reduction of the unit, using quality high performance Australian made soundproofing materials.
Internal Noise Reduction
- Damps sheet metal and removes the energy; the vibration and resonating are then diminished.
- Apply on any panels externally / internally and fences.
- 1300 x 1000 x 1.3mm foil faced self-adhesive sheet and can be cut with scissors.
- Vibration dampening of sheet metal, noise reduction and absorption.
- Apply internally on access panels or where there is adequate space and where air flow will not be affected.
- 1300 x 1000 x 25mm AGC faced self-adhesive sheet.
- Wrap around the compressors to absorb and reduce the lower frequencies by up to 26dB.
- Fasten with foil tape so it can also be easily removed.
- 1000 x 675 x 25mm foil faced + re-enforced tape
External Noise Reduction
- A rigid lightweight acoustic sheet which can be fastened to fence for absorption of NRC 1.0 and reduce by 13dB to the neighbours.
- 2400 x 1200 x 50mm sheet size which is easy to cut with a Stanley knife
Recommended starting pack with delivery Australia wide
- 1 x Decidamp sheet 1300 x 1000 x 1.3mm
- 1 x Sorberdamp sheet 1300 x 1000 x 25mm
- 1 x Soundlag sheet 1000 x 675 x 25mm + 5m tape
Download Article (PDF)