14 Apr How to Deal with Generator Noise
Generators have become essential equipment for residential properties, especially commercial properties that belong in the corporate and business industry. These entities cannot afford to lose a day without a backup in case of unforeseen electric interruption. However, when it is already in use, this equipment can be bothersome and too loud.
Ways to Decrease Noise
- Use a Soundproof Box.When the generator gets too loud and distracting, replacing them isn’t a practical solution. Fortunately, there is a soundproof generator box available in the market to help lessen the unnecessary noise.
- DIY Soundproof Generator BoxIf you have the materials, time and capacity to build your own generator acoustic enclosure design, then doing it yourself is a good idea. It will save you money and enhance your skillset at the same time.
- Add a MufflerIf you are a handyman who can do welding, you can create your generator version of a muffler and reduce noise whenever you switch the equipment on.
- Move the Generator AwayThe cheapest yet most inconvenient way to lessen noise is to move the generator away from your home, campsite, office and so on. However, you may just have to walk for a few minutes depending on the decibel levels of the generator.
- Purchase Quiet GeneratorsIf you really want to have less disturbance when using your generator, then you might need to consider repurchasing super quiet generators that are currently available in the market.
How Beneficial Is It to Own a Soundproof Box?
Aside from being bothersome, switching on a generator attracts too much attention. That’s why there are a number of benefits to owning a soundproof box.
As mentioned, employees will not have to experience downtime during an unprecedented power outage. This means that the business will keep running as long as the generator has enough fuel. However, you also have to make sure your employees are still efficient and not distracted by getting a soundproof box or following any of the mentioned tips.
- More Peaceful Night
Generators can sure keep us comfortable but can be disturbing because of their noise. Owning a soundproof box ensures you don’t have to sacrifice comfort and peace, especially during the night.
There are soundproof boxes in the market that offer the latest technology when it comes to sound deadening. Aside from that, there are also other varieties that you can choose from to ensure you have the right one for you.
If you need help in getting better sleep and efficiency during unexpected power outages, we offer a large range of products you can choose from. Visit our website or call The Silencer team.